Commission for Culture, Arts & Heritage
Congratulations Madison Temple on being this year's Liberty Fest coloring contest winner! Madison has won a pair of season tickets to Canton Produced shows at the Village Theater. We hope you enjoy some of the wonderful performances that Canton has to offer.
The Commission for Culture, Arts, and Heritage serves as advocates in promoting public awareness of culture, arts, and heritage in the greater Canton community. This commission's members are a very dedicated group of volunteers who are striving to encourage high quality programs for the culture, arts, and heritage that are accessible to all. Programs include, but are not limited to, visual arts, drama, music, dance, historical heritage, and humanities.
Through the implementation of its Strategic Plan, adopted in 2004, this commission has established numerous active sub-committees to sponsor various community projects, which embrace all aspects of culture, arts, and heritage. Canton has a rich history that we are careful to preserve and obligated to honor. In Canton, we look to where we came from to help shape the community we know today, and to guide our growing community into the future.
For more information, please email the Commission for Culture, Arts and Heritage.
- Held quarterly at 7 pm
- Administration Building, lower level
- Commission for Culture, Arts and Heritage Meeting Schedule 2019 (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Darian Moore - Chairperson
- Ken Bhuva - Immediate First Chairperson
- Samar Sakakini - Vice Chair (Partnership for the Arts rep)
- Kira Macyda - Secretary
- Sommer Foster (Township Board rep)
- Thomas Paden (Canton Chamber of Commerce rep)
- Nick Brandon - (Plymouth-Canton Community Schools rep)
- Bill Tesen - (Historical Society rep)
- Yvonne Alford
- Anthony Davis
- Sharon Dillenbeck
- Sue Dodson
- John Mullinax
- Susan Schwandt
- Elena Semenov
- Virginia Thorne-Herrmann
Canton Township Staff
- Greg Hohenberger Opens a New Window. , Leisure Services Director
- Jon LaFever Opens a New Window. – Leisure Services Deputy Director
- Jennifer Provenzano Opens a New Window. – Recreation/PAC Supervisor
- Joseph Kvoriak Opens a New Window. – Performing Arts Coordinator
- Jessica Bunjik, Leisure Services Executive Assistant, Meeting Recorder
2019 International Fest: Commission for Arts, Culture & Heritage
Each year during Canton's Annual Liberty Fest, performers and groups take the stage to showcase the many cultures of the Canton area. The festival takes place the Saturday prior to Father's Day in June.
As part of Canton's International Festival celebration, guests are invited to enter to win a generously donated gift by members of Canton's Commission for Culture, Arts & Heritage.
Join us for an opportunity to travel the globe through song and dance from around the world when International Festival performers will appear on the Canton LIVE! Stage on Saturday, June 15, 2019, from 11:30 am to 6 pm. Bring the whole family!