Aquatic Center Update SUmmer 2021:
The Summit on the Park’s Aquatic Center has re-opened to the public.
As of June 23, 2021, the Summit on the Park’s Aquatic Center has learned that pool capacity limits have been lifted, which will enable additional amenities and services to be re-instated. Here are a few things Summit members and guests should know for their next visit to the Aquatic Center:
- Summit Spa, Sauna, and Steam Room: Staring Tuesday, June 29, these amenities will reopen and be available during Aquatic Center hours, which are Monday – Friday from 6 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. and Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Summit is temporarily closed on Sundays.)
- Parent/Tot Swim Times: These special timeslots are available on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9:30 a m. - 11:30 a.m. and are ideal for children 5 and younger to enjoy our Leisure Pool and water features in a relaxed and safe environment with a parent or grandparent. Please note that an adult is required to be in the water with his/her child at all times.
- Modified Open Swim: Take advantage of our fun-filled water environment on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1-3 p.m., plus Saturdays from 1:30-3:30 p.m. (Summit is temporarily closed on Sundays.) All pools will be open for play, including the Lap pool, Leisure pool, Lazy River, and Water Slide. Please note: due to possible staffing shortages, access to amenities may be rotated between the Lazy River and Water Slide every 30 minutes.
- Lap Swim: Swimmers are no longer required to reserve a lap lane. Starting Tuesday, June 29, lap lanes will be available on a first come, first serve basis. Please note that two lane swimmers will be allowed at a time. If necessary moving forward three swimmers per lap lane will be allowed.
The 13,340 square-foot Aquatic Center is home to: a five-lane, 25-yard lap pool, zero-depth leisure pool with play features, lazy river, and slide. The Aquatic Center provides a safe environment in which participants can achieve their highest level of fitness through aquatic activity. Watch for programming for all ages and ability levels to be added in the coming weeks, including a variety of learn-to-swim programs, as well as fitness and water-safety classes.
To learn more about the Summit on the Park Aquatic Center's programs, classes and events, visit www.summitonthepark.org or call 734/394-5460.
The Aquatic Center is a fun-filled water environment for people of all ages! The Aquatic Center features a:
- 5-lane, 25-yard lap pool (lanes range from 3 feet to 5 feet in depth)
- Lazy river and water slide
- Sauna room
- Steam room
- Zero-depth leisure pool with play features such as a 30 inch water slide
Aquatic Center Activities
The Aquatic Center is open approximately 100 hours per week for activities such as lap swimming, fitness classes, swimming lessons, and open swim. We offer everything from parent/child aquatic exploration to adult swim and fitness programs.
Aquatic Fitness Classes
The Summit on the Park offers a variety of aquatic fitness classes in both the lazy river and the lap pool. Classes include:
- Aqua Tone
- Aqua Kickbox
- Gentle Aqua
- Intermediate River Blast
- At least one lane will be open during all times that the aquatic center is open.
- Lap lanes can accommodate several swimmers and lane sharing is expected; please circle swim counterclockwise.
- Lap swimmers are required to swim continuous laps and cannot stop or stand in the lanes. Lifejackets and fitness equipment are not permitted in the lap pool; fins and hand paddles are permitted when there are no more than 2 people in a lane.
- It is recommended that guests wishing to swim laps come during lap swim only.
- During Lap Swim times guests must be at least 12 years old and will be expected to swim continuous laps. However if the child can pass a swim test they can remain lap swimming as long as the parent stays poolside.
Parent Tot Swim
- Modified sessions are the best times for parents with small children ages 5 and under, seniors and lap swimmers to enjoy our lap and leisure pools.
- The lap and leisure pools are usually open although classes may be conducted there.
- The water slide and lazy river will not be open and the features will not be on during any swim or fitness classes.
- All pools including the water slide, lazy river and leisure pool will be used for open swim activities.
- Under certain circumstances (such as slow times or staff shortages) the aquatic staff will alternate opening the slide and lazy river.
- The lazy river is open for River Walking ONLY.
- No equipment or instructor is used. Walking will be in one direction only, as directed by the lifeguard on duty.
- For the safety of all guests, every 15 minutes lifeguards will direct participants to change walking directions.
- We strongly encourage guests to wear aqua shoes or white socks.
- River is approximately 60 yards around: 32 laps is one mile.